Saturday 29 December 2007

The Nutcracker


The OH got me tickets for the ballet on Boxing Day. This caused some consternation as I was back at work the next day and had to be up at five O clock - ouch!!
Anyway, having found a hotel room near work to stay in off we went. I had never been before and was not sure what to expect but it was amazing!

We saw the English National Ballet at the Collesium in London. The sets were very slick, rotating, enlarging, dry ice, lights, flying performers etc and the music was fab. It remonded me of a Hollywood film it was so professional.

I was a little unsure of the costumes pre show as they are quite modern, but on the stage in full flight they were superb - go and see it if you can! Oh and take your daughters, I am sure if I had seen this as a child I would have been an aspiring ballerina!!!

My favourite scene was the Jack Frosts leaping out of the Giant Fridge!

Here is a picture of Clara that I found to whet your appetites!

Hope I get to see Swan Lake in 2008!

No comments: