Wednesday 12 March 2008

My cards need more GGRRRRRR!



yesterday it was my BIL's birthday and my OH asked if I had a card we could give him - silly question I thought - I have two 12 x 12 plastic bags brimming with cards for when the need arrises.
I pulled out what I thought were suitable and they were immediately declined.

"Your cards are too girly" he said. I replied, "Well thats because I am a girl"

So I made another card, blue and green, staionary clip, grungy ink and made it as masculine as I possibly could - didnt take a picture as I really did it last minute before we flew out of the door!

So today I have been playing with some Sugar Nellie stamps. I got them for Chirstmas but hadnt used them. I finally ordered some E Z mount from Joanna Sheen (it came next day and there was no P and P to pay - darn fine service!)and so thought I would break them in this week!

I like the cards and think they will be fine for little boys but yes I have to admit they do lack a certain GRRRR. So my challenge to myself is to start making some more masculine cards for real men! Hmmmmmm - how can I get a Magnolia/Nellie/Papertry stamp to fit in with this theme???? Think I will have to buy some more SU stuff!!!

Card one - the pirate. White and blue card from The Paper Mill Shop. Cuttlebug embossing folder, blue ribbon and K and Company grand ahesions from gogo Greetings kit this month.

Card two - the knight. Papers from DCWV Rock Star mini stack,ribbon from The Range, circular stamp from SU courtesy of Nicola. x

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I totally know what you mean - I don't have a single masculine card in my stash! I definitely have to add more grr to my cards too! Love what you've done so far!