Thursday 30 July 2009



Posted Saturday 1st August 2009.

A big hello to all the crafty ladies joining the party this weekend.


This is the first of my two projects to show you.

I made this: Sew sew simple




This is my first of two projects that I have made using the yummy downloads as supplied by the ever talented Miss Shimelle.

I confess to being a girl who likes to get her hands covered with glue and mess and used them in a hybrid style to create this layout.

The handmade downloads are perfect for adding to homemade books or could be printed on to ribbon and sewn into your stitched or woolen projects.

I tried to NOT do the obvious with this set and used it on a layout, but chose to tell the story about an apron that I made. I am not a gifted seamstress but will try and get it right. This layout documents my skill levels and why this little imperfect apron is important to me. I made that!

The whole embroidery feel of the downloads led to my choice of paper and also to the real life stitches that I added to my page.

I printed these at 100% and the acetate overlay section on my photo was printed at 50%.

If I were to offer one tip about using these downloads it would be to cut up the sections. Remove words, create different lines or paragraphs and make them your own.

Ingredients:

Card:
Bazzill

Paper: Sassafras lass. October Afternoon.

Embellishments:
Hybrid Downloads, Shimelle (http://www.shimelle.com/). Martha Stewart punch. Love Elsie soft charms; Zoƫ. Thickers Daiquiri vinyl. Doodlebug design Boutique brads; confection assortment. Basic Grey Opaline half pearls. Ribbon and pin from models own stash.




For my final party piece, I would like to introduce you to Photo Love. A natty little handmade journal/mini book made from scratch. Perfect for your scribbles, notes, clippings or photos.





Check out the shared document link below for full step by step details in a WORD DOC format.

(Email me of you want PDF though it may take a few days longer!)

FULL BOOK INSTRUCTIONS

Dont forget to check out all the other amazing projects throughout the weekend at SHIMELLE.COM

The printables I have used in my projects are exclusively available as part of the online class Go To Press, which starts on Monday 3rd August 2009.

Check it out in all its glory at 2Peas

6 comments:

Unknown said...

In a word, fab. Though you probably knew that anyway! My first vist, though I reckon I'll be back :)

Unknown said...

love your Photo love book, have just saved instructions. so this is what you had up your sleeve! Fantastic! Lindsey x

Alison said...

Wow Karen love what you have done and thanks for the Photo love download!

Nicola said...

Love your Photo book Karen its so cute !! And nice to see your sewing skills have made it to a LO too xxxx

Delia W said...

Love the mini album!!

Pam said...

Love your projects! Thanks so much for sharing the directions for the photo book. It's on my desktop ready to make my own.