Sunday 19 July 2009

Textured Mini Book

A while ago I was lucky enough to (should read beg/borrow/steal) get my mitts on a set of papers that Jamaica Edgell sent out to a few folks as a challenge to see what they could create. Well one year later (give or take) here I am having completed my interpretation.

I added some extra pages and various medium in to the melting pot.

This little mini book is home to the collection of photos that Cheryl Johnson took of me. I will never get fed up of scrapping these and therefore I need to arrange for another photo session again soon!

Here are some pages and favourite techniques and concepts at the moment.

I used some more fat ribbon to tie it up all in a large bow in front.



The title is 2009 which I split, half on the front and half on the back.



I choose bright ribbon which contrasted against the bright yellow to wrap around my picture.



I wrapped some linen thread round a picture and added a tag. I cut away the page to resemble a spool.



A glassine envelope cut in two to stretch further. The edge has been sewn up with contrasting thread in a fat blacket stitch.





I love sticky labels, This one didnt fit all the way round the page so I placed my photo to hide the join.

No comments: