Wednesday 18 November 2009

Captains Travel Log 2009

This photo of me was taken at Universal Studio's. (If you've been it was at the waterside near the giant globe.

If you know me, you will know that I dont do suntans, I am very pale and hide myself in the shade at every opportunity. So here I am in 92 degree heat, in a cardigan. Having taken off my glasses for a photo, I have to shade my eyes from the sun and end up looking like I am saluting. Duh.

And so the aye, aye captain jokes started!


The layout itself combines a technique as highlighted by 2Peas. Its a challenge to tint your photos and add them to your layout. Once I electronically made them black and white I was able to tint in blue and pink and added them to my project.

This is a little hybrid layout. It combines elements from Shimellles digi and printables kits>

The travel log and Day Seven token are from HERE - Travel Journal

The background papers are from HERE - The Long and Winding Road Kit.






I like the hybrid version of this challenge as you dont have to stray too far away from paper and glue to get a little bit more techincal with your layouts. It's also fun to play with the colours on your pictures.

No comments: