To start Twenty10 off with a bang, UK Scrappers have started a new mini book challenge.
The idea is to make a mini book focusing on different techniques and styles: freestyle, simple, artsy. On a rotating basis, a page from each style will be published every monday, and the examples in each technique are all the same size so will fit together to form a beautiful album.
There will be five different styles to pick and follow:
1. freestyle/artsy - this a more messy and experimental (basically 6x6 but some shaped pages)
2. simple - think cathy z and simple scrapbooking at it's best. (6x8 landscape)
3. vintage - shabby chic, distressed, tim holtz-y (6x8 portrait)
4. kid friendly - as it says, more playful and fun-loving style (6x6)
5. pretty, pretty - flowery, glittery, blingy (6x6)
You can either mix and match and make an album that's all your own or if you're feeling rather brave, you could make five little books based on each style.
So we start today and I am very lucky to be the first designer to be featured with my front page. I have been working on the theme of Simplistic album. My technique has been hybrid.
To try and make it as universal as possible I have completed this in a Word document and have produced a PDF with screen shots. I hope that regardless of your IT skills you can dip your toes into the world of digi scrapping and play along.
Check out the front page HERE.
The PDF is available Free of Charge HERE.
The papers that I used are part of Shimelles Digital collection, all of which are available HERE.
Here is a little picture of what I created.