Sunday 18 October 2009

Thankful its the weekend

I finally had pretty much a whole day to myself, just making stuff and watching X Factor. What a great way to spend the day. Seems like its been so long since I just sat down, had some time to myself and relaxed. I am glad its the weekend.

Here are a few layouts I was playing around with


I got Novembers edition of Scrapbook Inspirations delivered on Friday and the sketch in it this month was created by Helen Miles. Here is my interpretation of it made using Cosmo Cricket papers.

(I really like all of the recent Cosmo collections, from Mr Campy onwards. I kind of find they are so nice I struggle to use them though.Sigh. Some papers are just made to look pretty, to stroke and to sit on your shelf I guess.)

I was playing with lots of foam and some punches here and challenged to use a bit of a dodgy self portrait photo.





I really coveted the Jillybean Soup alphabet. I didnt get it before we went away as I was being good and limiting my shopping. Only to find that when I got back from my travels that I couldnt buy it anywhere.

It didnt evade me as I found it here, in the Gogo kit for October. I have alittle project in mind for those alphas but in the meantime I thought I had better get stck in to the kit to feel less guilty about buying it solely for the alphas!!

Here is a little Halloween number that I created. In a moment of madness I thought it would be a good idea to draw and cut out a spider web from the red toned paper in the kit. Half way through the cutting I relaised it might not have been the best idea I've ever had after all since it was taking ages and my hand hurt like hell.

I added a couple of spiders I have in my Halloween stask and used some of the themed Martha punches.





Here is a brown and blue tonal layout. I love this pictures of the girls created with an 85mm portrait lens and max'ing out the depth of field to make Megan all fuzzy. I also used the hydrangea and branch punches from Marth to mimic the flowers and frame their faces.

I added all the letters to the kit from my AC thickers stash. Those glitter dots in the larger flowers are the dots from the alpha sets.




Finally moving on to the very lush Studio Calico kits. This beautiful butterfly paper is one of the exclusive Calico papers.

The good news is that whether you sub or not, if you are quick you can get in the shop on the 28th and purchase a set of the papers they bring out every month. The wieght of the paper is equal to the best of the known manufacturers out there too.

I filled up the other side of the page with Glimmer Mists, Martha butterflies and lots of journalling. These cork alphas are perfect to sew through, my mahcine didnt falter at all. I was inspired to mist thanks thanks to Lisa the new DT member and her ingenious use of circles!





(Since writing this earlier this morning and not being able to upload my pictures I have managed some Cosmo cards and one layout that has taken me simply forever to create. Its dogmatic but Im not giving up yet. I also inetnd to finish off the Gogo kit too)

No comments: