Thursday 12 November 2009

Playing with colours and themes

Here is a little layout to share with you.

I love the way you can play tricks with colour and alter the mood of yor layouts.







Whilst I am a girl who drinks less than her fair share of hot drinks, I do like pretty china and girly tableware. When friends pop round for tea I tend to go overboard. This photo is of some yummy new tea cups that I got earlier in the year, all laid out for an impromptu party.

I love the pretty pastel colours in the photos and set out to gather my stash in matching colours and matching designs.

The colours I focused on were:
baby blue
Pink
white
petrol blue
red

The themes I focues on were:
stripes
hearts
flowers
dots

By trying this colour and theme match I have created a page which is far, far away from my normal style. Its much softer than normal. I like the effect and will definately try this again. I also found it's an amazing way to use up some of the older stash I have in my collection!

3 comments:

sharyncarlson said...

oh so lovely. the tea cups, the colors, the layering, everything. love this!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Beautiful layout! I do love how colorful, yet unified, it feels.
Rinda

Debbie H said...

More fabarooni LO's Karen!