Sunday 27 December 2009

DigiKit - Simple Starts No. 11 - by Jen Martakis - Ice Skating



The second kit I have been playing with today from Two Peas in a Bucket.

This is DigiKit - Simple Starts No. 11 - by Jen Martakis. Click here for a direct link.
We spent the afternoon at Hampton Court Palace in London on Christmas Eve. They have
an amazing and huge ice skating rink outside along with a beautiful Merry Go round.

The Palace itself was lit up as the light faded and snowflakes were projected on to the front. As Christams music played, we skated round the rink and had a many laughs as we both tried to stay upright and not fall over.

In terms of the kits I used this week, and Simple Starts in particular, I purposefully put my name down for something that hybrid scrappers might shy away from at first sight.

The template is fantatstic. I was able to tweak the text so that with very little thought or effort my text curved round the photos. I was able to amend the header and replace it so that I could add some Thickers as well to really make it pop.

Removing some of the digi elements, I was able to add them in different dimensions once the base had been printed on to white paper. For example, the over sized brackets and the photos are real ones I had printed out from a mobile phone.

I am going to make sure that I choose another template again real soon, as I had loads of fun playing with this one.

(PS There were no cameras allowed on the ice so the photos we took in motion were captured on a mobile. They are a little noise but hey, it adds to the effect! Happy Christmas x)

2 comments:

Mel said...

I love your wedding layouts. I just got married in July and have been loving scrapping it - altho found it initially a bit daunting as you want the pages to be really special. However, I saw your layout with all the lettering in SI and realised I could just stay true to my scrapping style and not try to make my layouts too posh or formal.
I have just made a blog as I realise this is what you do in scrapbooking land...I will try to post some of my wedding LO's soon...

Claire said...

Gorgeous LO Karen.
Happy New Year.
x