Monday 14 February 2011

ATDML Month of February


Happy Valentines Day!

During my long weekend at work, I was very glad to see that the February A Trip Down Memory Lane gallery went live.

This month we used two very different paper ranges both from 7 Gypsies, Conservatory and Paddington. Equally striking and beautiful but kind of at different ends of the style spectrum regarding design elements.

Check out the whole gallery HERE.

Here are my peeks. Firstly a Valentines card:






The black and white was set off with a little burst of red and gold. It was interesting to see the use of colour in different layouts and projects with this range of papers. The key was added using the new glue gun - looked chunky, held on very tight and you couldnt see it either.

I also created these three layouts:




Click 1 2 3






This one came together at and about the time of the peeks of CHA and I was inspired to create some rosettes on my pages, I think they are going to be a massively popular design element once the new goods hit the street and was very pleased at how simple it was to make my own. I will be using more of them for sure.


My Dog





Every now and again in the right light, my dog who is now getting on a bit in both doggy and human years looks very puppy like. I love this ethereal look photo of her.

The design is quite geometrical. Simple square shape, quartered and off set. I really like simple blocky designs, pushing them about on the 12 x 12 background and adding design elements to try and make them a little different seems to work every time.
Finally my favoruite page, Simply Dreamy.





I used one of my cutting machines for the first time on this layout. I dare not say how long I have had it unused, the shame of it. I cut the title and used some spray ink to alter the colour as it wasnt standing out enough from the page in its bare naked state.

I kind of think I should be so over butterflies now, but I am not. I still love them!

Tools are my own, all ingredients available from the shop HERE.

Hope to be able to show you my My Minds Eye class real soon.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

What lovely pages, Karen.
I love the effects you have used and was intrigued by the overlapping scallops above your dogs photo. A lovely idea.
Also I loved the black & white photo with the rosettes & splashes of colour.
You certainly inspire me!

Jenna Upson said...

Such beautiful pages Karen x