Saturday 10 October 2009

Before I went away....

I did have two layouts to share. I ran out of time (as usual) to get them on the blogaroo.

Here they are, a little late but at least I finally uploaded.

The first was a means of documenting what September 2009 had in store for me. It was quite a big month, lots of changes going on in my life which I wanted to record. I also LOVE this time of year as Autumn approaches. I will try this again next year and see how my fortunes have faired.




I had a play with some more mists and Tim Holtz mask. Most of this stuff came from Studio Calico kits, a mixture of the classic, add ons and shop purchases.

The second layout highlights one of my favourite photos of the year. Lola and Megan in their oh so very pretty summer dresses. They were just old enoguh this year to get slightly more grown up clothes and they went for it in super trendy maxi dresses.




I had a scalloped frame in one of the above Studio Calico kits. I always find these odd MME type embellishments really hard to use so pushed myself to make it a huge design feature of my page.

I also fiddled about with my title and cut the big Cosmo sticker letters in half so I could use jenni Bowlin circular label letters inside. This took ages and in the end I used two rulers to keep everything in place. I really am pleased with how it looks though. I got over excited and got way too many of these JB alphas - need to use them all up soon.


I also seem to be using lots of the Stampin Up Linen Thread at the moment. Its really handy and seems to tie everything in so well. (No pun intended!)

No comments: